Chief Financial Officer
We are looking for a CFO here at INSHUR, pre-pandemic based in NYC, and currently 100% remote but working the EST timezone. You’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across multiple territories, including the US, UK and Netherlands, and new European countries and US states as we expand.
Working closely with the COO and CEO, and assisted by a small but growing finance team you’ll be joining our leadership team, supporting the business as we make the step-change from 100+ headcount to 250+ and enter new territories and markets.
What you’ll do
You will drive commercial performance across the business and will be responsible for providing a strategic approach to the financial planning and management of all the business activities. We will count on you for strategic financial leadership and direction to the CEO and COO on long-term financial decisions such as investment and capital decisions. You will interface with our board and investors to prepare financial guidance and you will support any further fundraising efforts and lead the company through any subsequent investment rounds. You will manage and scale up our finance team to ensure robust controls and processes to ensure there is a platform for growth. Finally, you will be instrumental in helping us with our development of business strategy including modelling special projects and pricing models.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are currently operating at CFO level and have been doing so for about 2-3 years – ideally within insurtech, Fintech or SAAS or Enterprise Software scale-up(s)
- Have considerable financial management experience working with high-growth tech or insurtech startups and within at least one Series B-C scale-up or start-up all the way through to liquidity events – you know how to effectively scale a growing business
- Understand in detail how to organise corporate structures in order to optimise current and future tax liabilities and know how to implement new processes around KPI analytics, forecasting and planning and lead on all financial initiatives to enhance business predictability and transparency.
- Have a flawless track record regarding ethics and compliance and ideally, specific insurance financial accounting background
- Understand the intricacies of working with outside investors with a solid understanding of the mechanics that drive investment and acquisition decisions.
- Understand the importance of ensuring that all financial endeavors are organized, systematic and comply with government regulations and legislation and have plenty of experience in/with driving and overseeing the budgeting and reporting process
- Have led and spearheaded reviews of all financial activities for a comparable (series-B) scale-up, retrospectively looking for opportunities or improvements that will enhance efficiency/effectiveness, ensuring archives are up-to-date and maintained with key finance documents and ahead of the curve when it comes to compliance and reporting
- Understand the value of running comprehensive analysis including spend/cost, important industry metrics and important departmental metrics and take ultimate responsibility in compiling comprehensive monthly management reports including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Forecasts with scenarios based on sales/renewals/hiring and various other financial duties including EMI share schemes, R&D Tax Credits, Payroll and PAYE and any obligations relating to foreign subsidiaries
- Are ACA, ACCA, CIMA or/and CFA/CPA/CMA qualified
Your colleagues say you are:
- A great leader full of entrepreneurial spirit.
- Someone who has a track record of building, nurturing and developing high performance finance teams.
- A person with strong communication skills, including a great ability and confidence to present to prospective investors and existing board
- Insatiably curious – you know every nook and cranny of financial landscapes, can anticipate potential problems/opportunities and, most importantly, have a plan to mitigate/maximize them.
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive in. We operate in a hybrid of remote and office-based work and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
In terms of salary, your previous experience and expertise will be taken into account when agreeing on the final offer
We offer all our employees stock options and we’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employees’ long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to 8 federal holidays and statutory sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Basic Life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- 401K match
- 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Flexibility to choose your place of work (East Coast USA only) and flexible working hours
- Annual training allowance of $1300 (no questions asked) and regular learning opportunities
- Commuter benefits
- Monthly flexible well-being allowance to help you remain healthy and productive
- And much more…
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit, and any software you need.
We have recently completed a successful Series B funding, which will fuel our ambitious growth plans and enable us to invest in technology, recruit the best people, and bring new insurtech product lines to the market while keeping us at the forefront of urban mobility. With a mission to make insurance fair & easy for everyone, we are committed to changing the way customers buy and feel about insurance, for good.
As a global team of around 150 people based in the USA, UK, and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The well-being of their teammates and the people around them
- Enjoying the ride
Founded in 2016, we are one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape. Working closely with globally recognized partners, we provide fully digital auto insurance for taxi, TLC, ride-share, delivery, private fleet, and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from a quote to a full policy cover in the shortest possible time. Our products are currently live in the USA, UK, and the Netherlands and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new product lines.
We are based in and around the NYC area but currently work 100% remotely. Post-pandemic we may consider transitioning to a hybrid office and home-based model with travel to co-working spaces for in-person meetings at least 3-4 times a month.
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability, or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share, or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.
How to apply
If you are a CFO with high-growth tech or insurtech startup experience that has at least one Series B-C scale-up or start-up all the way through to liquidity events then please email our Head of Talent using email@example.com with your resume and/or a note to get in touch.