Head of Underwriting
As the impact of climate change on the insurance industry intensifies, FutureProof’s AI-based projections of losses from hurricanes and floods are powering a new generation of insurance underwriting. FutureProof is seeking a Head of Underwriting to be a crucial member of the team building our algorithmic underwriting platform. The platform will underwrite near-instantly based on FutureProof’s uniquely granular catastrophe pricing and portfolio optimization model. Help us create climate-smart insurance products to help close the coverage gap and motivate investment in climate adaptation.
As Head of Underwriting at FutureProof, you will own the development of a new E&S insurance program built around our cutting-edge technology. You will bring your excellent interpersonal skills to create strong relationships with producers, carriers, and TPAs while spearheading the adoption of FutureProof’s platform. Using your unique skill set, you will collaborate with our technologists to build a fast, algorithmic, and digital underwriting, pricing, and portfolio management platform that supports our E&S products. FutureProof’s technology can do the heavy lifting on repetitive technical underwriting, pricing, and other workflow tasks so you can focus on building an optimal portfolio that meets the needs of our carriers and reinsurers.
- You are unwilling to settle for the status quo and want to be part of a company that is changing how our industry underwrites, prices, and manages climate risk
- You are inspired to bring new climate insurance solutions to the market
- You want to help solve business problems and participate in management discussions, and you are a clear and confident communicator
- You thrive in dynamic environments
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Cultivate FutureProof’s carrier network and instill confidence in our innovative underwriting, pricing, and portfolio management platform
- Collaborate with carriers to develop and implement policy forms, endorsements, and underwriting rules & guidelines
- Work closely with FutureProof’s analytics team to ensure that our risk selection and pricing algorithms are aligned with underwriting rules, guidelines, and overall portfolio goals
- Support FutureProof’s Technical Product Manager to define requirements for digitizing underwriting and portfolio reporting/management workflows
- Be an ambassador to FutureProof’s producers
- Manage wholesale broker and agent partnerships, developing and executing profitable growth strategies
- Proactively communicate FutureProof’s risk appetite, guidelines, procedures, and data requirements
- Review producer performance and work with them to continually improve
- Support FutureProof’s Technical Product Manager to translate producer needs into digital solutions
- Help formulate FutureProof’s strategy
- Propose new and innovative products and services to expand upon our offerings
- Monitor market conditions, the competitive landscape, and underwriting developments in FutureProof’s current and future markets
- Propose strategic & tactical responses to observed and anticipated trends
- 10 years of underwriting experience in personal or small commercial lines with significant experience profitably underwriting hurricane-exposed E&S property. Florida non-admitted homeowners underwriting experience is a plus.
- Strong distribution and carrier relationships. Established relationships with reinsurers are a plus.
- Experience across the entire insurance ecosystem, from handling customer service issues and referrals, to managing exceptions, to leveraging claims experience for continual improvement of underwriting guidelines
- Solid understanding of catastrophe models and the use of their outputs in underwriting and portfolio management
- Experience managing a team of underwriting, analytical, and support professionals is a plus
- MGA and program administration experience is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Fully remote work environment
- Healthcare benefits
- Unlimited PTO
FutureProof strives to be a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization. We look forward to hearing from you!
How to apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com