Administrative Specialist (Remote)
Pendella is a fast-growing startup technology company bringing decades of industry expertise, innovation, and intelligent business design to fulfill one purpose: to make the financial protection of individual life and disability insurance available to all people, regardless of age, health, or income level.
We’re in need of an Administrative Specialist to support the day-to-day operations of our company. You’ll report to an operations executive who’s been in the field for more than 20 years and is exceptional at leading a team, getting decisions made, and managing a variety of projects.
This is a Full-Time position, with an hourly rate between $17-$20 with benefits.
We’ll rely on you to provide operations support by:
- Assisting with producer licensing, carrier appointments, and customer relationships. You’ll need to manage a lot of digital files, get signatures from a variety of different people, so you’ll need to manage your tasks well and communicate effectively with everyone involved.
- Assisting with monthly commission reconciliation and data management. This is how we pay our partners, so the process needs to be completed accurately and efficiently on time, every time.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings. You’ll need to access multiple calendars and understand techniques for scheduling meetings successfully, such as allowing a little time to adjust and prepare between meetings.
- Managing tasks and providing regular status updates using online, collaborative project management software.
- Assisting with employee onboarding and various other duties as assigned by management.
Job requirements include:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, 2-year AA degree preferred
- Comply with strict confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) for business, including but not limited to Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Ability to successfully work from home, with a dedicated and secure workspace
Insurance experience is a plus, but it’s not required.
We’re on a mission to take the bias out of life insurance innovation.
Pendella’s full-stack, enterprise SaaS solution is powered by artificial intelligence and big data to automate underwriting and deliver a simple, intuitive, and delightful experience to thousands of people through partnerships with top-rated insurance carriers and distributors. White-label customization enables a seamless end-to-end insurance experience for the consumer.
We are a team of altruistic innovators, collaborators, and licensed insurance professionals. We are passionate, determined, action-oriented, reliable, and driven by the urgency of bringing the financial protection of individual life and disability insurance to everyone.
You believe in the value of life and disability insurance. You love working with a startup tech company and the creative, positive energy it brings to your career. You are passionate, determined, action-oriented, and reliable just like us. You love to collaborate digitally and you can stay focused no matter the different pings you get from all your devices or what’s going on while you’re working at home. You like staying busy and can effectively prioritize your work and validate the urgency of new requests coming in. They are always coming in.
You are a quick learner and have a strong work ethic. You thrive in not only getting the job done but doing it right. The more support you bring to a team, the more fulfilled you are. If this sounds like you, you’re going to love being part of our team.
How to apply
Please send your resume to Becky Hale @ email@example.com.