FutureProof Seeks Catastrophe & Portfolio Risk Manager
As the impact of climate change on the insurance industry intensifies, FutureProof’s AI-based projections of losses from hurricanes and floods are powering a new generation of insurance underwriting. FutureProof is seeking a Catastrophe & Portfolio Risk Manager to be a crucial member of the team building our algorithmic underwriting platform. The platform will underwrite near-instantly based on FutureProof’s uniquely granular catastrophe pricing and portfolio optimization model. Help us create climate-smart insurance products to help close the coverage gap and motivate investment in climate adaptation.
As Catastrophe & Portfolio Risk Manager at FutureProof, you will create and manage FutureProof’s cat modeling and portfolio risk management functions. You will collaborate with FutureProof’s market-leading analytics team on state-of-the art technology to design underwriting portfolios and pricing methodologies that align with carrier and reinsurer expectations for profitability & risk. You will be FutureProof’s primary contact point with the catastrophe modeling teams at carriers, reinsurance brokers, and reinsurers. And you will work closely with FutureProof’s analytics and engineering teams to automate routine workflows, from individual submissions to portfolio reporting.
- You are unwilling to settle for the status quo and want to be part of a company that is changing how our industry underwrites, prices, and manages climate risk
- You are inspired to bring new climate insurance solutions to the market
- You want to help solve business problems and participate in management discussions, and you are a clear and confident communicator
- You thrive in dynamic environments
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Model prospective and actual portfolios using both traditional models and FutureProof’s proprietary models
- Contribute to setting FutureProof’s risk tolerances
- Coordinate with brokers to model and design FutureProof’s reinsurance program to align with agreed risk tolerances
- Design, produce, and eventually automate FutureProof’s portfolio and risk reporting
- Use regular portfolio & risk reports to provide insights to FutureProof’s management and partners on portfolio trends, actual vs. plan portfolio, and improvement opportunities
- Support catastrophe event response and provide real-time cat loss estimates
- Work with FutureProof’s Analytics and Engineering teams to:
- Develop and implement rapid cat model results and technical pricing of individual submissions
- Support evaluation and selection of third-party catastrophe models and external data sources
- Incorporate portfolio optimization techniques into FutureProof’s rating/pricing methodology & tools
- Provide input to the Engineering team on hardware, software, and data capture requirements to support the integration of both proprietary and third-party models into FutureProof’s underwriting & portfolio management workflows
- At least seven years of catastrophe modeling experience in a production environment, including at least five years at a major insurance carrier, broker, or reinsurer. Florida-specific cat modeling or underwriting experience is a plus.
- Advanced user of AIR and RMS catastrophe models. Experience with other models such as internally developed models, KCC, KatRisk, etc. is a plus.
- Fluent in catastrophe pricing and portfolio optimization techniques
- Expert SQL skills with strong knowledge of RMS/AIR database structure
- Advanced programming skills in one or more popular programming languages such as C, VBA, Python or R is a plus
- Experience managing a team of cat modelers and portfolio analysts is a plus
- MGA and program administration experience is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Fully remote work environment
- Healthcare benefits
- Unlimited PTO
FutureProof strives to be a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization. We look forward to hearing from you!
How to apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com