Head of Distribution
The Head of Distribution will act as a key member of the senior management team, and is responsible for all aspects of distribution and sales functions, including but not limited to Relationship Management, Business Development, and Brokerage relations. The Head of Distribution’s goal is to deliver a sales strategy that empowers management, employees, and our broker distribution base to maximize national program exposure and profitability. The ideal candidate has relationships with the top 20 national commercial insurance brokerages and can run an insurance production team effectively. This role will collaborate with leaders at all levels of the organization and report to the CEO.
Foresight insures safety-critical businesses with the first technology-based workers’ compensation program. An insurtech MGU specializing in the middle market, Foresight wraps its proprietary risk management software into every policy, improving safety engagement and reducing workplace incident frequency by up to 57%.
With a digital submission process and in-app claims management and reporting, Foresight provides unrivaled value for brokers and businesses seeking safety and savings through technology. Learn more at getforesight.com and follow Foresight on LinkedIn.
Primary responsibilities include
- Direct management and responsibility for the sales operations, practices, and internal training.
- Manage and maintain appointments with national brokerage houses and “ live and die by the numbers”, accelerating our revenue growth by 200%.
- Responsible for monitoring and enhancing the quality and effectiveness of sales, reviewing sales reports and developing sales and product training programs.
- Directing selling activities to maximize sales and margin growth and the achievement of planned sales targets.
- Develop and manage the Business Development teams’ KPIs and quarterly performance.
- Establish monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets and achieve sales and margin growth.
- Develop, monitor, and execute the sales team compensation plan
- Work closely with business leaders to drive results and solve operational and workflow problems through the use of information technology and process redesign
- Set department goals for meeting the scalability and growth needs of the company for a quickly expanding sales force.
- Develop an ongoing strategy for on-site & remote workforce tracking.
- Partner closely with the Underwriting team to ensure proper controls are in place for sales and service
- 15+ years of insurance industry experience is required
- 10+ years leading a highly successful sales team
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- Ability to design and implement a successful sales strategy
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time for sales and marketing meetings
- Strong analytical skills to identify trends and sales patterns
- Ability to guide and mentor sales leaders and sales representatives
- Self-driven and possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Small and/or early-stage company experience preferred
- Recruit, motivate and evaluate a professional an aggressive sales force
- High levels of professionalism and leadership skills.
- Team player who is also self-sufficient.
- Work well under pressure and manage multiple deadlines.
- Metrics-driven, and prior experience with dashboard metric supervision and development.
- Industry-leading career development opportunities.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous paid time off including paid holidays, personal days, and paid sick leave.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Monthly wellness stipend.
- Annual Learning and Development stipend.