Insurance Product Analyst
Obie is reinventing the insurance process for landlords and real estate investors. Whether you’re a seasoned investor or just starting out, Obie makes requesting a quote and getting coverage simple and transparent. We’re on a mission to disrupt the single and multi-family rental property insurance sectors, and are looking for motivated and passionate individuals to join us!
Brief Summary of Role
We are seeking a strong individual contributor to join our growing insurance product team as an Insurance Product Analyst that is focused on developing and executing strategic plans for entry into new markets. Those successful in this role will have a strong knowledge in the property insurance space, preferably commercial, with passions for delivering new products and utilizing insurance expertise to solve challenges.
Additionally, you’ll be self-motivated and directed. An ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction and being an expert.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive new product development initiatives
- Improve product using contract language, underwriting guidelines and manuals, and technology enhancements
- Partner closely with Technology Product and Engineering teams to articulate, develop, and validate technology features and enhancements
- Use customer and data insights from the market, our sales funnel, competitors, and claims to inform insurance product development
- Enhance tools, processes, and frameworks to bring insurance products to market
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years working in a property insurance product management, actuarial, or underwriting role, preferably with focus on commercial lines of business
- Knowledge of insurance product management principles, frameworks, and best practices
- Experience researching competitor products, developing and enhancing product/contract language and underwriting guidelines
- Ability to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to evaluate performance across various products and segments
- Experience and comfort with Excel and SQL
- Strong communication and project management skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with people at all levels across the company
- Ability to succinctly communicate results and recommendations to leadership
- Ability to explain business logic to technical and non-technical team members
- Positive “can do” attitude and a desire to contribute to a growing, energetic work environment
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize competing demands and manage time effectively
How to apply
Please apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/Obie/dd3ec4f5-deeb-41b6-9d79-2a24aaa6692c