VP of Business Development
Foresight is looking for a VP of Business Development with a long-standing history working with brokers and agents in Commercial Insurance. This role is all about sales solicitation, the sales management of assigned brokers/producers, generating million-dollar program submissions, and developing strong relations with the territory’s agents and brokers. The role involves setting in motion mutually-agreed-to sales plans and driving the necessary strategies and marketing actions needed to maximize profitable growth for Foresight in this territory.
The ideal candidate has a proven background in commercial insurance program marketing and has existing relationships with commercial brokers and agents. We are looking for a competative professional to source brokers, open relationships, close sales and achieve sales targets. Workers Compensation experience is a must (General Liability favored). This role will report directly to the CEO and Founder of Foresight and have career opportunities that could one day lead to a national or more senior-level position.
Foresight insures safety-critical businesses with the first technology-based workers’ compensation program. An insurtech MGU specializing in the middle market, Foresight wraps its proprietary risk management software into every policy, improving safety engagement and reducing workplace incident frequency by up to 57%.
With a digital submission process and in-app claims management and reporting, Foresight provides unrivaled value for brokers and businesses seeking safety and savings through technology. Learn more at getforesight.com and follow Foresight on LinkedIn.
- Develop, implement and drive targeted class code sales plans with both current brokers and new brokers to meet Foresight’s profitable growth goals.
- Work with the CEO & Founder of Foresight to identify, develop, implement, and manage program sales plans with target groups of business owners to meet Foresight sales goals.
- Monitor new sales, retention, rate-adequacy, and commission metrics monthly to ensure premium plan goal achievement.
- Work closely with all company departments to optimize Foresight’s brand offering to the marketplace.
- Build relationships with direct broker contacts and sell directly to targeted prospects/clients.
- Develop ongoing sales prospecting and strategy while also finding qualifying deals originating from within your assigned territory.
- Route qualified opportunities to appropriate team members when necessary.
- Drive submissions through various methods such as door to door, calling, e-campaigns using our current network, and building your list of contacts
- Hit quarterly sales goals, including business development activity metrics
- Represent the Company at conferences, broker meetings, association presentations, trade shows, etc.
- Gain a deep understanding of territory opportunities and challenges, inform the underwriting team and develop strategies to successfully sell programs
- Research potential broker partners, identify key contacts/decision-makers, initiate calls, and generate interest
- Attend periodic sales training and be open and responsive to sales coaching
- Ability to travel as necessary to complete the responsibilities outlined above in the territory
- At least 5 years of experience working in commercial insurance
- 5+ years of proven field sales experience
- Must have prior experience in underwriting or marketing commercial workers compensation insurance programs
- Must have an existing professional network of commercial insurance brokers in California, or the Southwest region that you have a strong relationships with
- Track record of over-achieving quotas
- Strong presence and highly articulate on the phone and in person
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to stay organized, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Industry-leading career development opportunities.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous paid time off including paid holidays, personal days and paid sick leave.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Monthly wellness stipend.
- Annual Learning and Development stipend.