VP of Workers’ Compensation Regulatory & Compliance
The VP of Compliance will play a critical role on the insurance team, developing and executing a culture of regulatory and workers’ compensation compliance within the organization. A strong candidate will have experience building, collaborating, and continuously improving regulatory compliance processes and procedures. Reporting directly to the Chief Insurance Officer, the VP of Workers’ Compensation Regulatory & Compliance will focus on all aspects of licensure, state compliance, and corporate governance. This role will focus on maintaining program relationships between our carrier partners and regulatory bodies to ease mutual compliance efforts. The ideal candidate is a hungry, self-starting, high-performing professional that can take ownership of regulatory and compliance management. This position requires a nimble, forward-thinking creative to take compliance to the next level and develop an innovative approach to regulation.
Foresight is the first insurtech specializing in commercial coverage for the middle market. Our mission is to improve every business we underwrite, starting with workplace safety. Foresight wraps proprietary risk management software into every policy, improving safety engagement and reducing workplace incident frequency by up to 57%.
With a digital submission process and in-app claims management and reporting, Foresight provides unrivaled value for brokers and businesses seeking safety and savings through technology. Learn more at getforesight.com.
- Ensure that regulatory and compliance activities are integrated into all business objectives and activities.
- Coordinate risk assessments as prioritized with program compliance requirement.
- Drive the development and implementation of compliance and regulatory processes and systems designed to address any gaps.
- Provide regular reports to the Chief Insurance Officer on risk assessment tasks.
- Manage the development and implementation of SBU systems and processes to ensure ongoing compliance and regulation.
- Drive regulatory and compliance programs and knowledge into the organizational units through communication and education.
- Remain current with legal and regulatory changes and compliance risks, and communicate requirements and risks to management and employees, especially surrounding worker’s compensation.
- Serve in both leadership and partnering capacities to leverage the development of compliance and regulatory practices in a way that will continue to build high performance expectations within the organization.
- Oversee monitoring and testing of conformance with ethical standards and adherence to policies and procedures designed to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversee management of compliance staff and coordinate with management to direct processes and maintain controls designed to ensure continuous compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including complaint resolution, reporting and monitoring producer and distributor due diligence individual licensing oversight and reporting adherence of staff to records management policies and compliance and ensure compliance of applicable OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act due diligence in accordance with corporate policy.
- Drive the development of process enhancements and systems initiatives that can produce demonstrable improvements in efficiency and overall compliance effectiveness. Assist where necessary assigned employees involved with compiling and preparing timely responses to all state market conduct activity.
- Develop and regularly report on compliance and regulatory metrics for each line of business and to distribution partners, as required.
- Collaborate with Insurance, Operations, and Legal Teams to develop, identify, and track key performance indicators and contribute to the implementation of necessary updates to underwriting guidelines, policy forms and/or rates.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10-15 years leading compliance activities
- J.D. or advanced degree preferred
- Extensive practical understanding of legal, regulatory and compliance requirements,
supplemented by involvement in relevant industry compliance activities
- Demonstrated track record in implementing/maintaining compliance program functions, or associated policies and procedures, that meet legal, as well as business, requirements.
- Desire to develop, onboard, and direct a Claims team
- Strong relationship building and networking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curious and resourceful, initiating deep dives to capture new subject matter expertise
- Agile and adaptable with a propensity for working in extremely fast-paced environments
- Highly organized
- High degree of interest and working knowledge of insurtech trends
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Adept at learning and utilizing new technologies in the workplace
- Juris Doctorate Degree
- Previous experience working at startups or tech companies
- Fun and inclusive personality that works (and plays!) well in teams
- Badass startup attitude motivated by building something huge and doing things differently
- Collaborative style that thrives in a high-energy and transparent communication work environment
- Self-starter approach that identifies problems and applies solutions
- Willingness to get in the weeds and get their hands dirty because no task is too small
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity in a high-growth company
- Monthly wellness and learning and development stipends