VP of Partnerships
Thimble is quick-thinking insurance for fast-moving businesses. We work hard to make it easy for 140+ professions like handymen, landscapers, DJs, artisans, and mall Santas (yes really) to get the insurance they need to take on every opportunity.
It’s the first business insurance provider that puts customers in control: small businesses of any size can get a policy by the job, month, or year from Thimble in minutes and modify, pause, or cancel anytime.
Thimble is simple, scalable, and flexible, which is why we made MONEY Magazine’s 2021 “Best Insurance for Small Businesses” AND we’re Fast Company’s #1 “Small and Mighty” Company. We’re also rated 4.8 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot and the App Store and have sold over 200,000 policies to more than 65,000 small businesses.
Founded by veteran entrepreneurs Jay Bregman and Eugene Hertz, Thimble is growing the $250 billion business insurance market by making it more accessible: 75% of Thimble customers are first-time business insurance buyers. For that reason and so many more, Thimble has raised over $45 million in backing from IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) and other top venture capital firms.
For more information, visit thimble.com.
Our unique culture is built around our six core values:
Think Wild, Act Tame
Be relentlessly creative. Question everything. Get to know the rules so well, you can use them in new ways. Be the industry’s compliant radicals.
Green Means GO
Act. Move forward. Learn. You can only make a decision based on the best information you have – so make it.
Own Every Detail
Be ruthlessly precise. Disciplined. Sweat the small stuff.
Simplify, Simplify, Simplify
Get to the point. Make it crystal clear. Cut everything else. It’s our job to make insurance easy – however hard that is for us.
Every Moment Counts
Show up early and ready. Deliver on time or before. Make the most of your time, so others can make the most of theirs.
Treat every person, and their ideas, with respect. Cherish diversity.
About the Role
Thimble is looking for an experienced leader in business development & partnerships to build and drive relationships among some of our most strategic growth opportunities.
Our partner offering is already established with companies like Angi’s and Peerspace delivering their customers the coverage they need by leveraging our APIs, referral programs, and compliance tools. Now, we need to grow and scale while also evolving our distributed product offering to be a leader in the small business category.
This individual will have experience designing a strategic GTM approach, building relationships both in breadth and depth, building teams, and ultimately driving significant growth month over month.
This is a management position that reports to Rikin Diwan, SVP of Marketing and Partnerships.
- Design the go-to-market strategy for our current and upcoming partner offering
- Evangelize Thimble’s vision for simple and flexible SMB coverage options to tech-enabled platforms
- Develop and maintain a strong pipeline across numerous industry verticals
- Build and manage a team that can prospect and grow relationships
- Work closely with Product Team to establish the roadmap for APIs and partner tools like the Thimble Certificate Manager
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Creative to create the experience and assets needed to support this function
- Manage the budget and P&L to create incentive models that drive scale and unit economic efficiency
- Analyze and report on the impact of Partnership’s efforts cross-functionally and to senior leadership at Thimble
- Establish a deep understanding of Thimbles small business insurance offering so that you can identify new opportunities and positioning in the marketplace
- 10+ years experience in a business development/partnership function at a tech/SaaS focused company; most recent experience at an insurtech
- Experience in growing existing business as well as also developing new, innovative, and disruptive partnerships
- Scrappy, with the ability to build things from 0-1
- Strategic, with the ability to gather support and scale things from 1-100
- A customer advocate that considers the user’s needs at every step of their journey – for both Thimble and its partners
What Success Looks Like:
- Scale our partnership program and represent a significant contribution to our overall acquisition mix
- Delivering new and enhanced product offerings in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- A respected and entrusted individual among those who work closely with you
- A builder of world-class teams
What You’ll Do in 30 Days:
- Have a foundational understanding of Thimble’s product offerings
- Get to know your collaborators and stakeholders well
- Meet an individual from every Thimble team
- Understand the current partner acquisition journey from prospecting, to acquisition, to onboarding
- Introductions to Thimble’s existing and in-progress partners
What You’ll Do in 60 Days:
- Deliver a V1 GTM strategy for partnerships at Thimble
- Assist Product team in the planning and execution of their product roadmap
- Begin process and pipeline planning
What You’ll Do in 90 Days:
- Fully transition as the main POC and lead for Thimble’s partners
- Deliver the framework for measurement and analysis of partner initiatives
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 23 days paid vacation, 10 company-wide holidays, 1 VTO (Volunteer Time Off), and unlimited sick time
- Parental Leave: 100% paid 12 weeks and 2 weeks gradual return
- Ability to work remotely
- Company computer hardware of your choice
- Remote office/Work from home reimbursement
- Monthly co-working space and/or child care reimbursement
- Monthly wellness reimbursement & ClassPass monthly credit
- Other health & wellness perks including One Medical, Teladoc, Talkspace, Kindbody, and Health Advocate
- Early Fridays (no meetings after 3:00 pm EST) or Summer Fridays (out of office at 3:00 pm EST)
- Weekly happy hours, trivia, and fun!
- Competitive pay
- Generous stock options