Strategic Partnerships Manager
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
About the team:
In response to rapid advancements in technology, evolving customer buying preferences, and the increasing number of new digital entrants in the insurance industry, Swiss Re created Strategic Partnerships in 2019. Strategic Partnerships is a dedicated team focused on developing reinsurance opportunities with alternative distribution channels that combine strong distribution and technology, enabling Swiss Re to access new and profitable risk pools. Our goal is to originate and grow profitable long-term partnerships with the next generation of reinsurance clients and to embed our suite of Solutions products in these partnerships.
Strategic Partnerships is focused on all P&C lines of business in the United States. The team consists of agile hunters for new opportunities, establishing and strengthening relationships with alternative distribution partners ranging from distribution-focused insurtechs to tech-enabled platforms interested in embedded insurance, to digital affinity models. Strategic Partnerships has created a market-leading presence and experienced strong growth since inception, and is currently looking to expand the team and build on our success.
About the role:
The Strategic Partnerships Manager will primarily be responsible for originating new collaborative partnerships and driving growth for the team. They will generate growth by sourcing, developing, and managing relationships with alternative distribution companies including digital platforms and insurtechs, as well as carrier partners focused on the program space.
The Strategic Partnerships Manager will work closely with a range of Swiss Re stakeholders and lead cross functional teams to triage, orchestrate, and execute deals. You will also collaborate across broker and direct channels and in some cases other business units in the pursuit of new opportunities. You will also be a key resource to build upon the team and existing infrastructure, bringing our enterprise to the next level.
The ideal candidate is results-oriented, self-motivated, curious and forward-thinking. A person that acts strategically and is comfortable managing senior and junior relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You possess the business acumen to understand how our business creates value, as well as the diplomacy needed for success within a large organization. An entrepreneurial mindset will be required as you identify and develop partnerships with alternative distribution companies, carriers as well as key internal stakeholders.
- Originate/ deliver new opportunities and build a pipeline via face to face/virtual meetings, cold calls, conference attendance etc.
- Work closely with a range of Swiss Re stakeholders including client management, underwriting, legal, claims, and risk management to triage and execute deals
- Coordinate with support teams to handle account management services of Strategic Partnership originated clients
- Foster relationships with client leadership teams and Swiss Re stakeholders to maximize the mutual benefits of these partnerships
- Build your personal brand and stay informed of key industry trends
- Communicate with Swiss Re senior leadership and key stakeholders to articulate the team’s vision, strategic goals, direction and to align with other group strategies and initiatives
- Support and further develop marketing strategy, planning, and best practices for partnership identification, onboarding, and implementations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 8+ years in (re)insurance experience
- Experience working in the MGA and affinity distribution space
- Track record of sales/marketing, partnership development, strategy development and execution in the insurance space
- A working understanding of technology and how it creates value in insurance, as well as an understanding of non-insurance digital business models (SaaS, Fintech, etc.)
- Proven capability to lead cross functional teams in the design, pursuit, and successful execution of key strategic goals
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, carve your own path, tenacious, sales minded
- Strong business acumen and communication skills
- Ability to manage concurrent and time-sensitive projects
- Ability to listen well, contribute to creative business discussions, influence the thinking of, and gain acceptance from senior executives
- Team player, attention to detail, and the ability to balance multiple commitments
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Team Location: NYC and Armonk, NY. Remote candidates will be considered based on skill and experience.
Swiss Re is an equal opportunity employer. It is our practice to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual’s qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact the world, it is our responsibility to help keep our employees, customers, partners and communities healthy and safe. SwissRe will require all candidates interviewing in person in the United States and Canada to provide evidence of vaccination when arriving at our offices.
How to apply